The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 33 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 33 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4984 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4984 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6987 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6987 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5011 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6987 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5011 is_member
/inc/functions.php 5028 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(729) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(729) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 729 eval
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 731 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 403 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1063 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(471) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(471) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 471 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 656 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 656 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 714 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 714 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 719 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 719 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(471) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 656 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 714 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 719 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1497 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1497 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Data Visualization
I think this graphic representation of the geographic reach of food bank distribution centers in North Carolina is interesting.  Could better visualization of disaster impacts lead to improvements?

http://www.allanalytics.com/author.asp?s..._id=282486
Part of planning initiatives of FEMA and in turn states has been to identify Points of Distribution (POD) in the case of disaster. The "plan" is that FEMA would deliver their loads of ice, water, blankets, etc. to POD that the states had identified. The states in turn expect county/parish level POD identified as well.

I think the graphic could be pre-filled with this data where it exists but I think we would run into changing of plans, incomplete plans, change of plans in time of disaster. I like the idea of this type of graphic being built real-time. I don't see local emergency management agencies taking it upon themselves to carry out this task so that leaves the implementation piece needing a home organization.
(05-03-2017, 05:32 AM)Jan Glarum Wrote: Part of planning initiatives of FEMA and in turn states has been to identify Points of Distribution (POD) in the case of disaster. The "plan" is that FEMA would deliver their loads of ice, water, blankets, etc. to POD that the states had identified. The states in turn expect county/parish level POD identified as well.

I think the graphic could be pre-filled with this data where it exists but I think we would run into changing of plans, incomplete plans, change of plans in time of disaster.  I like the idea of this type of graphic being built real-time. I don't see local emergency management agencies taking it upon themselves to carry out this task so that leaves the implementation piece needing a home organization.

My thought was that visualizations like this could help the general population realize that they're vulnerable before a disaster, and perhaps help them lobby their politicians for better coverage in advance of need.  A pipe dream perhaps, but I'm not sure that many realize what the gaps are now.
I agree most don't realize the issues and as Alfred E. Neuman said..."What Me Worry?" is the mindset.